What is colic?
Crying is a newborn 's primary mode of communication. It is how they express their wants and needs to their caregivers. Some babies, however, will cry longer and more often than others, for no apparent reason. When a healthy baby has bouts of crying and fussing lasting more than three hours at a time and occurring several times a week, despite the parents ' best efforts to comfort them, they are considered to have colic.
While the exact causes of colic are debated in the medical community, many experts believe that gastrointestinal factors play a role in it due to some of the symptoms present in colicky infants, which are indicative of abdominal discomfort. Those include:
- Tense abdomen
- Arched back
- Pulled up or stiffened legs
How can probiotics help?
During infancy, the foundations for a baby 's gut microbiome are still being laid. The microbes introduced at this stage play a key role in the development of the gut ecosystem.
Probiotics can be used to add good bacteria to your baby 's gut, promote the growth of important native bacteria, prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, and maintain an overall healthy digestive system. Certain probiotic species, such as L. reuteri, have been shown to have a direct effect in the reduction of crying and fussing time in colicky babies.
Prebiotics are dietary fibers that feed the good gut bacteria, providing the nutrients they need to continue supporting your baby 's healthy digestion. They help the bacteria help your newborn!
Organika Baby Probiotic Drops with Vitamin D
Promote a healthy gut flora and the development of strong bones and teeth with Organika 's Baby Probiotic Drops with Vitamin D. Pairing guaranteed active probiotic strains and vitamin D, these easy-to-use drops help to soothe colic, reducing crying and fussing in breast-fed infants. A healthy gut makes a happy baby!
- Stop the tears Colic may have a long-term impact on babies ' behavioural and sleep patterns. L. rhamnosus and L. reuteri have been shown to decrease crying and fussing time due to colic in breastfed infants, relieving babies and families alike!
- Build a strong foundation Provides live probiotic microorganisms and prebiotic fiber to promote a favourable gut flora, the foundation of a healthy digestive system.
- Here comes the Sun A source of vitamin D, an important factor in the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. A daily supplement provides the vitamin D requirement for healthy growth and development.
- Helps to maintain immune function.
MEDICINAL INGREDIENTS (PER DOSE UNIT):
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (19070-2) ‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.. 25 Million CFU*
- Lactobacillus reuteri (12246) ‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.. 25 Million CFU*
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) ‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.. 2 Œºg
*Colony Forming Unit
Sunflower Seed Oil, Fructooligosaccharides.
HOW TO USE IT
Mix 5 drops with breast milk or infant formula, or dispense directly from dropper into baby 's mouth, 1 time per day.
Do not exceed 5 drops in 24 hours. Do not add to hot drink or food.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on Healtha.ca . We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read and follow labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.