Xylitol is a sugar alcohol that is naturally present in small amounts in various fruits and vegetables. It was originally extracted from birch trees in Finland. NOW Xylitol is derived from Non-GMO corn. It is comparable to xylitol derived from other sources, such as birch. Xylitol resembles sugar in consistency and taste, but has a third fewer calories and is a great sugar alternative for diabetics. Xylitol may also inhibit cavities by denying plaque bacteria the fuel (sugar) it needs to erode tooth enamel. It can be used as a sugar substitute in most sugar-free recipes. Features: 100% Pure Natural Sweetener Non-GMO
- Xylitol is slowly absorbed. Won 't cause a rapid blood sugar spike; doesn 't require an immediate response for it to be metabolized.
- Has an extremely low glycemic index score of 7/100. Sugar is 100/100 on this scale.
- 2.4 calories per gram -boasts 40% less caloric impact than table sugar.
- Helps to control appetite.
- Adds a barely-perceptible cool ‚Äúicy‚ taste sensation it slightly cools any liquid it 's dissolved in
Instructions: Add a varied amount of scoops of Xylitol to your food or drink until desire sweetness is achieved.
|Servings Size: 1 tsp (4 g)|
|Servings Per Container: 284|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0 %|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium||0 mg||0 %|
|Carbohydrate||4 g||1 %|
|Fibre||0 g||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
Ingredient: Pure Xylitol Powder.
|Caution: Diarrhea may occur with excessive consumption. If this happens, reduce intake or discontinue use.|
|Warning: Xylitol is safe for people, but harmful to dogs. Do not feed to pets.|
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on Healtha.ca . We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read and follow labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.